The goal is to create a resource for everybody to study from regarding the Application Scenarios in the syllabus. Please do not forget to categorize the posts.
- Diagnostic and therapeutical tools: http://www.hhnmag.com/articles/3580-the-medical-technologies-that-are-changing-health-care I chose this link because it talks about many kinds of new diagnostic and therapeutical tools.
- Psychological and physical considerations: http://www.digitalresponsibility.org/health-and-technology/ Being overly connected to the internet can cause psychological issues like distraction, narcissism, expectation of instant gratification, and depression. Can cause vision problems, hearing loss, and neck strain. Sitting too much can cause obesity, diabetes, heart attack, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and even cancer.
- Medical information, administration, marketing and sales: http://www.webmd.com/ This article has various articles about any health topic that you may be interested in. This means that the medical advice is very trustworthy and detailed.
- Medical research: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/archives-of-medical-research This site is a database for research papers done by different scientists along the world. It contains archives of medical research.
- Ergonomics: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/ergonomics/ This site contains information about the typical problems that arise in workplaces when the ergonomics is not good. It also contains information on what to do about these problems.
- Internet Addiction: https://www.psycom.net/iadcriteria.html This site contains information on internet addiction. It talks about the signs of addiction, the symptoms, and how to treat it.
- Distance learning over large areas: https://www.academiccourses.com/Courses/Programs/Distance-learning/ This site includes the most profesional and reliable distance courses in the web. Courses can be accomplished in hospitals, retirement homes, prisons, and schools.
- Use of IT in teaching and learning: https://www.useoftechnology.com/technology-for-education-2/ This site contains a long list of the best and most effective technological tools that, according to the site, every teacher and student should try.
- Hardware and network technologies in the classroom: https://www.stseducation-us.com/hardware/ This site contains a very wide variety of essential hardware for a classroom from 1st grade to 12th grade. The kind of software includes laptops, electronic whiteboards, handheld devices, and more.
- Provision for special needs: http://www.inclusive.co.uk/ This site contains software and hardware to help people who have special needs. Applications for dyslexia, interactive wheelchairs, and more.
- School Administration: http://www.capterra.com/school-administration-software/: This site contains the best and new school administration softwares in the web, including their rating. These softwares can administrate departments like the library, student records, and more.
- Traditional business:
- This link is pretty straight forward and explains very well what a traditional business is, and gives very accurate examples.
- Online businesses (e-commerce):
- This link is extremely detailed, and tells about the begining of e-commerce, the different applications to perform it, and about government regulations.
- Though this site is very very extense, it is extremely informative about the topic, and includes and explains several examples.
Home and Leisure: https://st-julians-itgs.wikispaces.com/2.5+Home+and+Leisure
Modelling and Simulation: https://st-julians-itgs.wikispaces.com/Modelling+and+simulations
Data Logging: https://st-julians-itgs.wikispaces.com/Data+Logging
Satellite Communication: https://st-julians-itgs.wikispaces.com/Satellite+communication
Mapping, virtual globes: https://st-julians-itgs.wikispaces.com/Mapping%2C+virtual+globes
Resource Depletion: https://st-julians-itgs.wikispaces.com/Resource+depletion